Saturday, February 4, 2012

Chocolatey Goodness

Today we spent the first day of our three day weekend at the beach.  After getting a tired wee girl to bed tonight I felt like I needed a sweet, chocolatey hit so decided to hit Google for a 'cake in a mug' recipe.
On numerous occasions I have been emailed different 'cake in a mug' recipes but would quickly hit the delete button before I was overcome with the need to try something so yummy and easy which, unfortunately, is NOT so good for the hips!
Anyway, after a quick Google I came across this recipe.
http://www.instructables.com/id/5-minute-Chocolate-Cake/#step1

Below is an adaptation of the above.



Ingredients
4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons caster sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (I used dark but you could use milk or white too)
splash of vanilla extract

Directions
In a large mug mix all the dry ingredients.
Add the milk and oil stirring well.
Add in the chocolate chips and stir through.
Cook in the microwave for 3 minutes in a 1000w microwave.  My microwave is 1100w so I did it for 2 minutes and it came out perfect.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream and indulge yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment